Brookside Senior Citizens
In January 2010, I packed my belongings and prepared for what I believed was to be my final move. This was not a happy time. In fact, it was quite depressing. I had heard that Brookside was nice, but what a surprise! Clean, cheerful, bright and welcoming. More activities than you have time for, manicured landscaping and spotless laundry facilities. The manager is never too busy to say hello or ask how you are doing. She’s always ready to help us.
The beautiful surroundings provide a pleasant vision for residents; the fountain and gazebo add to that experience. I find that Brookside affords a wide range of pleasant experiences, due in no small part to the professional staff that guides Brookside into the future.
I have been living at Brookside since 2012. I have to say I am very pleased and happy to be here. The office staff couldn’t be more helpful and pleasant. I couldn’t believe all the activities they have specifically to accommodate the various people living in the building. It’s truly wonderful. I love my apartment so much, and I can’t tell you what a pleasure it is to come to home to a clean, well-kept community.
Clean, clean, clean, cheerful, bright and welcoming. More activities then you have time for. Snow falls and it is shoveled before you know it. Very well manicured and attended to. Laundry room is spotless. It has been a wonderful experience.
Independent Living for Seniors
Building Type: Mid Rise
Brookside consists of 191 rental units, including one bedroom and one bedroom “barrier-free” apartments and efficiency units. One bedroom units include a living room/dining area, kitchen, full bath and ample closet space. Efficiency units feature a living room/dining/sleeping area, a kitchen, a full bath and dressing room. Special facilities designed with senior citizens in mind include handrails in public areas, high-efficiency soundproofing and a special telephone system to facilitate guest entry.
Brookside offers federally assisted housing for persons 62 years or older. Residents must qualify under the income limits set by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the occupancy policy established by the sponsor. Monthly rent is based upon the resident’s income in a formula specified by HUD.
- On-site management and maintenance staff
- 24 hour emergency on call maintenance
- Modern reading and sitting areas
- Handrails in public areas
- High-efficiency soundproofing between units
- Gorgeous contemporary common spaces for resident use
- Private library and computer room
- Large community room with big screen TV
- Kitchen for community use
- Conveniently located within walking distance to stores, banks and public transportation
- A township mini-bus operates Monday through Friday offering free transportation to local malls and shopping centers
- On site social service coordinator to help connect residents with services
- Planned activities, game nights, Wii bowling, language groups, cultural celebrations, pet therapist visits, parties
- A special telephone system to facilitate guest entry
- Emergency pull cords in bathrooms and bedrooms
191 one bedroom and one bedroom “barrier-free” apartments and efficiency units
National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA)
- National 2nd Place Winner Exemplary Senior Housing
New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA)
- Best Activities Coordinator, 2013
- Maintenance Superintendent of the Year, 2003, 2013
- Property Manager of the Year, 2012
- Excellence in Property Management (2 time winner)
- Excellence in Curb Appeal (2 time winner)
- Best Maintenance Technician, 2014
New Jersey Affordable Housing Management Association (JAHMA)
- Exemplary Elderly Project in the State of New Jersey
Pet Policy: 1 pet up to 30 lbs. with a security deposit of $300.00
Utilities: Heat and hot water are included