Living at MSAA Commons has been a pleasure …The building is completely accessible to anyone using any type of adaptive equipment for mobility, from the most basic of accommodations to adaptations that may not be as obvious. The building is maintained with extraordinarily high standards and is regularly updated/expanded with new facilities for tenant use. The management and maintenance staff is friendly, helpful, and prompt in responding to tenant concerns. The small size of the building and its communal areas also foster a collegiality among the tenants that is warm and inviting to long-time tenants and newcomers alike.
The Superintendent always greets us with a smile and a warm hello; we appreciate him not only as our maintenance man but as a warm, kind, and a respectable person who is patient with all of us and our disabilities.
Since my fifteen years of living here (MSAA Commons), I would never think of living in any other building under any other management then PRD. Its really that good!
Affordable, Barrier-Free Living
Building Type: Two-Story Low Rise
Developed by the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America, MSAA Commons is a 24 unit, two-story low rise building designed exclusively for the mobility impaired. Built in 1994, it was the second building in Southern New Jersey to serve the special needs of the mobility impaired population. One bedroom units include a living room with an entry closet, dining area/kitchen, full bath with a linen closet and large roll in shower, and a bedroom with a closet. Studio units feature a living room/sleeping area with two closets, a kitchen and a full bath with a linen closet and a large roll in shower. Each unit is equipped with two emergency pull cords for 911.
MSAA Commons offers federally assisted housing for any disabled person or persons 18 years of age or older. Residents must qualify under the income limits set by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the occupancy policy established by the sponsor. Monthly rent is based upon the resident’s income in a formula specified by HUD.
- On-site management and maintenance staff
- 24hr on call service for emergencies
- Conveniently located close to stores, banks and public transportation
- Coin operated accessible laundry facility
- Extra wide (36″) doorways
- Raised electrical outlets and lower switches to permit easy access for people in wheelchairs
- Raised toilets and grab-bars in bathrooms
- Specially designed new kitchens, lower sinks and cabinetry to permit easy access from a wheelchair
- Protective vinyl scuff plates on apartment entry doors to resist damage from wheelchair footrests
- Carpeting on the lower half of hallway walls to resist scuffing and damage from wheelchairs
- Special vinyl corner guards on walls to resist damage from chairs
- A Tenant Coordinator who publishes a monthly newsletter and plans monthly meetings; social and cultural programs (bingo, card games, movies); and educational programs (computer learning, craft groups, exercise groups)
- On-site community facilities: meeting and social room; kitchen, TV, computers
- Emergency pull cords in bathrooms and bedrooms
24 apartments including studios and one bedroom units
- 16 – One Bedroom
- 8 – Studios
New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA)
- Maintenance Technician of the Year, 2010
National Affordable Housing Management Association
- NAHMA Community of Quality since 2005
Pet Policy: 1 Pet up to 30 lbs with a security deposit of $300.00
Utilities: Heat included
Location: Cherry Hill Township
1240 Marlkress Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
Leasing an Apartment (856) 424-5621
Service Requests (856) 424-5621
Fax (856) 424-1647
PRD uses the services of 711 Relay.