A Legacy and a Landmark in Center City Philadelphia
Building Type: 18-Story High Rise
Back in 1966, Casa Farnese was the first affordable senior housing complex in the City of Philadelphia. In early 2015, a major replacement project was completed, updating key systems including the roof, risers and HVAC units, and helping to ensure the property’s future for many years to come. A newly added third elevator, a state-of-the-art security lobby and reworked common space layouts have further modernized and enhanced this bustling high rise apartment building. Casa Farnese offers affordable studio and one bedroom apartments to seniors. Residents will appreciate the open floor plans, balconies with city views, natural lighting and efficient space designs. The light-filled security lobby provides a stately and secure entrance to monitor and register guests. With proximity to shopping, restaurants, libraries, theaters and public transportation, Casa Farnese is a one-of-a-kind residence in the heart of the vibrant downtown neighborhood known as Washington Square West.
Casa Farnese offers affordable rents for persons 62 years or older. Some federally subsidized (Section 8 approved) apartments are available for those who qualify under the income limits set by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the occupancy policy established by the sponsor. Monthly rent is based upon the resident’s income in a formula specified by HUD. Non-subsidized apartments are rented at “market rate” to seniors 62 and over, most of whom are at 80% of median income or less.
- On-site management and maintenance staff
- 24 hour emergency on call maintenance
- Balconies with great city views
- 24 hour on-site security personnel
- Key fob entry security system
- Open floor plans
- ADA accessible/UFAs units available on a limited basis
- Conveniently located within walking distance to stores, banks and public transportation
- Reserved parking spots available to residents for an additional monthly fee
- Community and dining areas for resident use
- Community computers
- Planned activities
- Social service coordinator on site to assist residents with connective services
- Emergency pull cords in bathrooms and bedrooms
288 studio and one bedroom apartments
Pet Policy: Pets are allowed, dogs up to 25 lbs
Utilities: All utilities are included
Location: City of Philadelphia
1300 Lombard St.
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Leasing an Apartment (215) 735-3858
Service Requests (215) 735-3858
Fax (215) 735-4239
PRD uses the services of 711 Relay.