Opened in 1998, Roebling Arms is one of few residential buildings serving the special needs of the mobility impaired in South Jersey. This federally subsidized housing complex offers one-bedroom and studio apartments and was designed with special amenities to allow for independent living.
Residents have access to wider doorways, raised electrical outlets, roll-in showers, raised toilets and grab bars, and specially designed kitchens within their units. In addition, the property offers a community room for social gatherings and a computer learning center. Residents at Roebling Arms are supported by the property’s dedicated staff and surrounded by a beautiful community.
- On-site management and maintenance staff
- 24-hour emergency on-call service
- Air conditioning in all units
- Doorways widths of 36″ rather than the 30” norm
- Electric outlets raised 24″ above floor level to permit easy access by residents in a wheelchair
- Roll-in showers to accommodate wheelchairs
- Raised toilets and grabs bars in bathrooms to permit easy transfer
- Specially-designed kitchens with lower sinks and cabinetry to permit easy access from a wheelchair
- On-site accessible laundry facilities
- Closed-circuit video security cameras to allow tenants to view visitors from an in-house TV channel
- Intercom system to facilitate guest entry
- A community room with a widescreen theater system, along with a kitchen for small social gatherings of residents
- A computer learning center featuring high-speed Internet access
- Emergency pull cords in every bathroom and bedroom
Roebling Arms’ management team makes you feel welcome, and you are really like one big family.
1340 Hornberger Ave, Roebling, NJ 08554
Leasing an Apartment
PRD uses the services of 711 Relay